Cliff Lee is Overrated

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5264 posts
  • Username: Cliff Lee is overrated
  • LocationGilligan's Island

Posted 01 June 2013 - 11:13 AM

Hey, everybody! Take away 8 of Dominic Brown's homeruns and he only has 7! Why take away 8? Because they where hit against pitchers that threw mistake pitches. Obviously those homeruns don't count anymore.

Seriously though, why the fuck are we responding to this guy? Just let him ramble on. He doesn't care what we say , he only cares that we say something. That's what trolling is. Just fucking ban this douche and let his sad life slowly drag on with nothing to do. That sounds good to me.

You're a retard.

#32 Sammy The Mustache

Sammy The Mustache

If that Rolex breaks, throw it out, don't get it fixed.

• Good Cards
  • PipPipPip
  • 40777 posts
  • Username: JewishVampire
  • LocationNo longer in prison

Posted 01 June 2013 - 11:14 AM

Hi Xerac! I hope all is well with you. Things are fine here, thank you for asking. I tore a ligament in my right wrist playing basketball, so I have an annoying cast for a few weeks. But the family is really enjoying the summer. I hope that you and yours are having a wonderful weekend!

Congrats on how well the Cards are doing. Once again, that team is a beast. Just be sure to subtract (I mean, look outside) any winning streaks before you try to determine how good they are. :)

Sorry to hear about the wrist.  Good to see the Braves doing well also (I've decided to include the worthless win streaks :) ).  We are going to the food truck festival at the fairgrounds today.  This year they are going to have a Jewish food truck but one does not need to wear a yarmulke to be served.

"It hath been told thee, O man, what is good,
And what the Lord doth require of thee:
Only to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God."

lawless_gif_twitter_heddgre3.gif

#33 Sammy The Mustache

Sammy The Mustache

• Good Cards
  • PipPipPip
  • 40777 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 11:18 AM

no, and to which, i do not care (analysis.) that's what a forum is for. i just find it odd a cardinals fan is so much into shit between two rivals in a different division.

I'm also a fan of baseball, something my dad helped me be, not just a homer.  Like my dad, I don't like it when someone has a flaw in their logic in the analysis of the game.  I get along well with most of those who post on this board and have even made a good friend.with one, despite our political differences.  I post on the Dodgers board sometimes but they don't have someone who is a fan of a different team that is posting flawed analysis.

#34 _phiLLies_

_phiLLies_

• Members
  • Pip
  • 572 posts
  • Username: _phiLLies_

Posted 01 June 2013 - 11:22 AM

Hey, everybody! Take away 8 of Dominic Brown's homeruns and he only has 7! Why take away 8? Because they where hit against pitchers that threw mistake pitches. Obviously those homeruns don't count anymore.

Seriously though, why the fuck are we responding to this guy? Just let him ramble on. He doesn't care what we say , he only cares that we say something. That's what trolling is. Just fucking ban this douche and let his sad life slowly drag on with nothing to do. That sounds good to me.

aren't you the racist "douche" with the N jokes?  :no:

#35 Cliff Lee is Overrated

Cliff Lee is Overrated

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5264 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 11:23 AM

1st place team, up by 4.5 games, and the negativity surrounding the team and us as fans is disturbing.

I don't ever remember anything like this.

Sit here wondering, how in the world are we in 1st place? You would think we were cellar dwellers. Hell BJs possible demotion is front page ESPN news.

To respond to you, I don't even know. I'm frustrated by the Upton's bad hitting and Jup's mediocre defense on a few plays, to go along with the weak grounders hit by Heyward. But reading some of the game threads after a loss are just depressing. You'd think we are a team with a 160 million dollar payroll playing like shit ,does any team come to mind here ;).

ESPN has never liked the braves, I'm not sure why. Jon Schiambi hates the braves now and the hole Sunday night crew hates the braves as well. Even guys like Harold Reynolds, Mitch Williams and Larry Bowa of mlb network dislike our team. 

Just think, when the Upton's get hot and Heyward does as well, we will be the same team we saw in the first 3 weeks this season. Everything will be fine.

And please let phillis talk to himself. He needs to do these things to keep him brainwashed about the Phillies and braves. It doesn't bother me that much. Kudos to Dominic Brown, the guy has some power, he still is below average based on a lot of other stats.

You're a retard.

#36 Cliff Lee is Overrated

Cliff Lee is Overrated

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5264 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 11:24 AM

aren't you the racist "douche" with the N jokes?  :no:

Sure I am. If you want me too be. Aren't you the "douche" with children cancer jokes? :no:

You're a retard.

#37 lawbrave4

lawbrave4

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1812 posts
  • Username: lawbrave4

Posted 01 June 2013 - 11:27 AM

it serves the purpose to show how you generally play and what to possibly expect pushing forward. it's not that fucking complicated.

it's unrealistic to say the braves are going to have more 12-1, 8-0 type streaks based on about 38% of their games. but it's very realistic to say they can play around or at .500 based on what they've shown in the other 62% or so of their games.

you klondike bars look at a team that's 32-22 and of course think they can easily double it. i look at a team that's 32-22 and know they've already been on 2 big ass streaks.. and you're only going to hit so many.

This whole thread started because a good poster on this board pointed out that a lot of people here are worried about the flaws in this team. Who the hell is saying that Atlanta's season is going to be one long win streak? No one.

The Braves are a good team with some flaws that are obvious. Whether they can turn into a great team will depend on how they are able to address those flaws (and injuries).

This board actually has a pretty realistic view of the strengths and weaknesses of the Braves. You don't think so, because you think everything the Braves do and every player they have is shit. You never believe the team has any strengths. But your warped view of things doesn't change the reality of what the Braves are, good and bad.

#38 lawbrave4

lawbrave4

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1812 posts
  • Username: lawbrave4

Posted 01 June 2013 - 11:30 AM

Sorry to hear about the wrist. Good to see the Braves doing well also (I've decided to include the worthless win streaks :) ). We are going to the food truck festival at the fairgrounds today. This year they are going to have a Jewish food truck but one does not need to wear a yarmulke to be served.

Have a great time! Our state fair has a similar event that is a family highlight every year. I always try to come out of the food festival with the largest turkey leg I can find......,

#39 hawesg

hawesg

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 20773 posts
  • Username: hawesg
  • LocationThe Danger Zone

Posted 01 June 2013 - 04:51 PM

He'll name it Chase, declare it to be in the best shape of it's life, and then do things to it that are only whispered about in the darkest corners of the internet.

He's a phurry

A Lannister always pays his debts. For everyone else, there's Mastercard.

#40 rtrafford

rtrafford

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8782 posts
  • Username: rtrafford

Posted 01 June 2013 - 04:55 PM

no, and to which, i do not care (analysis.) that's what a forum is for. i just find it odd a cardinals fan is so much into shit between two rivals in a different division.

Philth aren't a rival. They're an irrelevant.

#41 Sammy The Mustache

Sammy The Mustache

• Good Cards
  • PipPipPip
  • 40777 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 06:32 PM

Maybe I'm holding onto a grudge from 2011. _phillies_ has to admit the Cardinals were one heck of a mediocre team.

#42 hawesg

hawesg

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 20773 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 07:16 PM

In answer to your original question, I, too, am saying WTF.

The amount of negativity is astounding for a team that I think has the largest lead of any division leader in baseball.

I know that some profess to "reverse jinxing" but it seems more pathological than that.

#43 Sammy The Mustache

Sammy The Mustache

• Good Cards
  • PipPipPip
  • 40777 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 07:18 PM

In answer to your original question, I, too, am saying WTF.

The amount of negativity is astounding for a team that I think has the largest lead of any division leader in baseball.

I know that some profess to "reverse jinxing" but it seems more pathological than that.

Maybe that's why I like it here. It is a lot like the Cardinals board. Sort of a home away from home.

#44 orleansbrave

orleansbrave

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 15822 posts
  • Username: orleansbrave

Posted 01 June 2013 - 08:59 PM

and i have to say, who the fuck is this ragnarr guy? 5 seconds after every post i make, the impression of my nuts are on his chin already.

I'm just glad you don't make offensive posts. I can't imagine what your response would have been had he mentioned asthma.

#45 ArkyPT

ArkyPT

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1453 posts
  • Username: ArkyPT
  • LocationBryant, Arkansas

Posted 02 June 2013 - 09:26 AM

Didn't one of the admins say the only reason they weren't banning this clown is because he was sticking to "his" one thread. Seems that's changing lately.

#46 Atlanta's Suburban Commando

Atlanta's Suburban Commando

#1 Fucking Barves Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7401 posts
  • Username: Jbrew36916

Posted 02 June 2013 - 12:51 PM

I really don't understand how he is not perma-banned. I don't like giving him what he wants, responses.

#47 Cliff Lee is Overrated

Cliff Lee is Overrated

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5264 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 01:24 PM

I really don't understand how he is not perma-banned. I don't like giving him what he wants, responses.

He gets tons of them though, doesn't he?

You're a retard.

#48 hawesg

hawesg

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 20773 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 08:32 PM

Largest lead of any division leader.

Panic!  Flee!  Run away!  Fuck Uggla!

#49 BuonNataleTesta

BuonNataleTesta

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1467 posts
  • Username: buonnataletesta

Posted 02 June 2013 - 11:34 PM

Largest lead of any division leader.

Panic! Flee! Run away! Fuck Uggla!

^ this (bolded) :D

#50 JumpinJackFlash

JumpinJackFlash

Why Are You Looking Here, Creeper?

• __Former Members__
  • PipPipPip
  • 18550 posts
  • Username: dodgerdog
  • LocationWhy Are You Looking Here, Creeper?

Posted 03 June 2013 - 01:00 AM

It's got nothing to do with which team he's a fan of... he's not a fan of douchebags... you're a douchebag... hence, his subsequent posts to and and about you... pretty much like everyone else here*

*Me particularly...

Is that clearer for you?

292115_10150656022206270_2045344220_n.jp
Baby, where I come from...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users