Photo

Kozma Just Injured Pujols

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#1 THE jimjim15

THE jimjim15

You know what to do with that big fat kitty butt.

• Global Moderatour
  • 50799 posts
  • Username: jimjim15
  • LocationTotally Awesomesville

Posted 19 June 2011 - 03:07 PM

Yep. Fuck Pete Kozma.

#2 THE jimjim15

THE jimjim15

• Global Moderatour
  • 50799 posts

Posted 19 June 2011 - 03:08 PM

At least now he'll be cheaper next year.

#3 __elusive__

__elusive__
  • Guests

Posted 19 June 2011 - 03:11 PM

What happened?

#4 THE jimjim15

THE jimjim15

• Global Moderatour
  • 50799 posts

Posted 19 June 2011 - 03:15 PM

Kozma made a nice backhanded stop of the middle, turned and threw the ball right in the path of the runner up the first base line. Pujols extended his arm to try and catch it and the runner ran right into his hand/wrist. Pujols immediately threw off his glove and jumped around like it REALLY hurt, and then sat there cradling his wrist for a couple of minutes. He's out of the game.

#5 __elusive__

__elusive__
  • Guests

Posted 19 June 2011 - 03:19 PM

Awesome. We can clearly afford another injury like this. After all, Holliday is back now.

#6 THE jimjim15

THE jimjim15

• Global Moderatour
  • 50799 posts

Posted 19 June 2011 - 03:25 PM

Initial diagnosis is a sprained wrist, to be reevaluated tomorrow. So more than likely it's shattered.

#7 stl529

stl529

• Good Cards
  • PipPip
  • 3359 posts
  • Username: stl529

Posted 19 June 2011 - 03:37 PM

Tallet is worthless. Further proof that you don't have to have any talent if you throw lefty. Or if you want to pitch in the Cards bullpen. Whatever.

#8 Sammy The Mustache

Sammy The Mustache

If that Rolex breaks, throw it out, don't get it fixed.

• Good Cards
  • PipPipPip
  • 40125 posts
  • Username: JewishVampire
  • LocationNo longer in prison

Posted 19 June 2011 - 03:41 PM

Tallet is worthless. Further proof that you don't have to have any talent if you throw lefty. Or if you want to pitch in the Cards bullpen. Whatever.

To paraphrase Kirk Rueter:

If you're a not-talented-enough-for-MLB RHP, you're called coach by high school players. If you're a not-talented-enough-for-MLB LHP, you're called a starter or LOOGY.

Edited by JewishVampire, 19 June 2011 - 03:42 PM.

"It hath been told thee, O man, what is good,
And what the Lord doth require of thee:
Only to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God."

lawless_gif_twitter_heddgre3.gif

#9 Doc

Doc

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 21726 posts
  • Username: jmmehrtens
  • LocationSt. Louis

Posted 19 June 2011 - 05:21 PM

Two things. First, this is ugly. This is not going to be a 15-day DL kind of thing. It wouldn't surprise me in the least if he's done for the year. Lots and lots of swelling, right away. That usually means ligament tearing. "Just a sprain" is a total minsnomer. A sprain can include a 3rd degree, which is complete tearing. He has a history of healing fast, but I don't know about this one. On the positive side, if he is done for the year, he ain't getting a huge contract from anyone.

Second, this is not Kozma's fault. Nice play, pretty strong off-balanced throw. Just a little up the line. Albert could have tried stretching outward instead of back to the baseline. But it's a bang-bang play. Can't fault Kozma. He sucks for a number of reasons, but this isn't one of them. Unfortunately for him, if this is a serious injury like it appears it will be, it will be the thing he's remembered for most.

#10 Eep

Eep

Fresh Prince of Bellaire

• Good Cards
  • PipPipPip
  • 13220 posts
  • Username: eep
  • LocationBellaire, TX

Posted 19 June 2011 - 06:40 PM

Two things. First, this is ugly. This is not going to be a 15-day DL kind of thing. It wouldn't surprise me in the least if he's done for the year. Lots and lots of swelling, right away. That usually means ligament tearing. "Just a sprain" is a total minsnomer. A sprain can include a 3rd degree, which is complete tearing. He has a history of healing fast, but I don't know about this one. On the positive side, if he is done for the year, he ain't getting a huge contract from anyone.

Second, this is not Kozma's fault. Nice play, pretty strong off-balanced throw. Just a little up the line. Albert could have tried stretching outward instead of back to the baseline. But it's a bang-bang play. Can't fault Kozma. He sucks for a number of reasons, but this isn't one of them. Unfortunately for him, if this is a serious injury like it appears it will be, it will be the thing he's remembered for most.

I feel like the Cardinals have a tendency to make plays like this where all the old baseball guys love that they stayed with the play but really they would have been better off in the long run if they backed off and let that one play get away. Rolen's shoulder injury, Ankiel diving into that wall, Craig running into the fence, now this. This isn't football where people can and will exploit signs of weakness.

#11 Turbo Pig

Turbo Pig

Happier than a camel on Wednesday

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 17327 posts
  • Username: 35thpony
  • LocationWolfpack Country

Posted 19 June 2011 - 06:48 PM

It's was only a matter of time before one of our garbage 2b knock Pujols out for a year

#12 WiscoSteve68

WiscoSteve68

Wiscosteve68

• Good Cards
  • PipPipPip
  • 20022 posts
  • Username: Cacciato
  • LocationThe Papoon balloon is on the rise!!

Posted 19 June 2011 - 07:24 PM

I feel like the Cardinals have a tendency to make plays like this where all the old baseball guys love that they stayed with the play but really they would have been better off in the long run if they backed off and let that one play get away. Rolen's shoulder injury, Ankiel diving into that wall, Craig running into the fence, now this. This isn't football where people can and will exploit signs of weakness.

YOU play to win.. anything else is a half assed try.. IF YOU THINK YOU CAN'T YOU WON'T. Backing off is the whelp of a beaten Cur...tell me, do you back off when you think you can't, or do ya take a SHOT at completing the goal? If ya give up and say I can't, then pack it in and call yourself a wannabee. Injuries happen, and are part of it, unfortunate, but part of the game. Perhaps a little more "knowledge" of your capabilities and these things don't happen.

Now when I was a boy
My daddy sat me on his knee
And he told me
He told me many things
And he said son
There's a lot of things in this world
You're gonna have no use for
And when you get blue
And you've lost all your dreams
There's nothin' like a campfire
And a can of beans

The Immortal Tom Waits

Ladies and gentlemen
Harry's Harbour Bizarre is proud to present
Under the Big Top tonight
Human Oddities

That's right
You'll see the Three Headed Baby
You'll see Hitler's brain
See Lea Graff the German midget who sat in J.P. Morgan's lap

#13 __elusive__

__elusive__
  • Guests

Posted 19 June 2011 - 10:17 PM

Just another freak injury in Cardinal history: Vince Coleman and the tarp, Mike Matheny cutting his hand opening a birthday present (a hunting knife), Rolen getting cheap-shotted by Alex Cintron in the 2002 playoffs, Rolen smashing into Choi, JDL Drew breaking his hand on a pitch from David Wells (after getting off to an MVP-like start), Carp getting hurt right before the 2004 playoffs, Waino getting hurt this spring, Holliday"s appendectimy, Freese breaking his hand, etc.

#14 Zack Attack!

Zack Attack!

The Grienke Grass Of Home

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 4464 posts
  • Username: lorddodger
  • LocationThe Los Angeles Dodgers Of Los Angeles

Posted 20 June 2011 - 04:36 AM

Yikes!

Just saw the highlights.

Shades of the Cliff Floyd - Todd Hundley collision back in 2000 which shattered Floyd's wrist.

Not a Card fan, but I admire Albert and I hope its not serious.

#15 jamiesmith80

jamiesmith80

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 2900 posts
  • Username: jamiesmith80
  • LocationSpringfield, MO

Posted 20 June 2011 - 10:18 AM

Pujols has tendancy to lean towards the inner part of the baseline on throws and it was bound to bite him sooner or later

#16 Sammy The Mustache

Sammy The Mustache

• Good Cards
  • PipPipPip
  • 40125 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 11:19 AM

Just another freak injury in Cardinal history: Vince Coleman and the tarp, Mike Matheny cutting his hand opening a birthday present (a hunting knife), Rolen getting cheap-shotted by Alex Cintron in the 2002 playoffs, Rolen smashing into Choi, JDL Drew breaking his hand on a pitch from David Wells (after getting off to an MVP-like start), Carp getting hurt right before the 2004 playoffs, Waino getting hurt this spring, Holliday"s appendectimy, Freese breaking his hand, etc.

I forgot what it was but Alberto Reyes, our best non-closing reliever, was injured just before the 2005 playoffs.

#17 chinmusic

chinmusic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13233 posts
  • Username: chinmusic

Posted 20 June 2011 - 01:27 PM

Kozma made a nice backhanded stop of the middle, turned and threw the ball right in the path of the runner up the first base line. Pujols extended his arm to try and catch it and the runner ran right into his hand/wrist. Pujols immediately threw off his glove and jumped around like it REALLY hurt, and then sat there cradling his wrist for a couple of minutes. He's out of the game.

theriot should have been playing at SS. he never would have got to the ball. :poed:
TLR IS PSYCHOTIC

#18 Doc

Doc

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 21726 posts
  • LocationSt. Louis

Posted 20 June 2011 - 01:33 PM

theriot should have been playing at SS. he never would have got to the ball. :poed:

Theriot WAS playing SS. It was fielded by Kozma playing 2B. But if your argument is that Theriot should have been playing 2B, I think we can all agree on that one anyway, since he's never been even a marginally average SS and never will be.

#19 chinmusic

chinmusic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13233 posts
  • Username: chinmusic

Posted 20 June 2011 - 01:39 PM

Theriot WAS playing SS. It was fielded by Kozma playing 2B. But if your argument is that Theriot should have been playing 2B, I think we can all agree on that one anyway, since he's never been even a marginally average SS and never will be.

oh, my bad. i thought it was a ball hit to SS.
TLR IS PSYCHOTIC

#20 __elusive__

__elusive__
  • Guests

Posted 20 June 2011 - 01:40 PM

Theriot wouldn't have gotten that ball if he had been playing 2B or even Roaming SS.

#21 Doc

Doc

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 21726 posts
  • LocationSt. Louis

Posted 20 June 2011 - 01:46 PM

Theriot wouldn't have gotten that ball if he had been playing 2B or even Roaming SS.

There's a good chance Theriot wouldn't have fielded that ball if he was standing on the second base bag. And if he had, his throw may have pulled Albert off the bag more than Kozma's throw.

#22 Ashy Scraps

Ashy Scraps

Going from ashy to classy!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1289 posts
  • Username: crumbs
  • LocationMarcy Projects

Posted 20 June 2011 - 01:47 PM

Danny Cox punching his brother in law or jumping off of sea walls......
Marcy Son! What?!?!?!?

#23 Doc

Doc

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 21726 posts
  • LocationSt. Louis

Posted 20 June 2011 - 01:49 PM

Danny Cox punching his brother in law or jumping off of sea walls......

This organization loves the cox!

#24 Ashy Scraps

Ashy Scraps

Going from ashy to classy!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1289 posts
  • Username: crumbs
  • LocationMarcy Projects

Posted 20 June 2011 - 01:52 PM

This organization loves the cox!

So does AllPro!

i can't rememeber if it was cox who hurt his foot jumping off a sea wall or was that Magrane. I think Magrane could hurt himself sneezing.....
Marcy Son! What?!?!?!?

#25 __elusive__

__elusive__
  • Guests

Posted 20 June 2011 - 06:46 PM

Don't forget Matt Morris tripping on hotel stairs and spraining his ankle.

Or, Chris Duncan "jumping" down a flight of stairs and hitting his head on the wall overhead. Nevermind the fact that Josh Hancock (RIP) was involved in a minor fender-bender in the wee hours of that morning in a strip club parking lot in Sauget. Who was his passenger? Chris Duncan. And there was a head-bash on the passenger side of the windshield. But, they decided to go with: hitting his head, while jumping down the stairs while in a hurry. Yeah, that sounds better.

#26 allpro53

allpro53

CEO Allpro Inc.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 20980 posts
  • Username: allpro53
  • LocationEverywhere

Posted 20 June 2011 - 06:54 PM

So does AllPro!

i can't rememeber if it was cox who hurt his foot jumping off a sea wall or was that Magrane. I think Magrane could hurt himself sneezing.....

BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Scraps you are a jinx and worse than that you suck the Cox!:bananadance:
Leader and Founder of AllPro's Army!
#1 Cardinal Poster!
President-St. Louis Fans Sports News Center.

#27 NYCF

NYCF

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 24759 posts
  • Username: nycardinalfan
  • LocationHollis Hills, Queens, NY

Posted 20 June 2011 - 09:39 PM

isnt it funny how they picked Kozma cuz they are so cheap and it comes around to royally fuck them in the ass!
Managing baseball is like playing tic tac toe, you don't have to be a genius to win but you lose by being an Idiot!

"Do I want to be in St. Louis forever? Of course. People from other teams want to play in St. Louis, and they're jealous that we're in St. Louis because the fans are unbelievable. So why would you want to leave a place like St. Louis to go somewhere else and make $3 million or $4 more million a year? It's not about the money. I already got my money. It's about winning, and that's it"

#28 Doc

Doc

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 21726 posts
  • LocationSt. Louis

Posted 20 June 2011 - 09:54 PM

No one is ever going to accuse me of being a fanclub member for Pete Kozma, but...listen here, very closely...

THIS WAS NOT KOZMA'S FAULT!!!

Offline throws are made in every single game, every day in the majors. And this kind of injury doesn't happen often. You can probably count a fractured carpal bone for each time it has in the last five years. There had to be a lot of things going on at exactly the millisecond they occurred for this to happen. It just did.

#29 Sammy The Mustache

Sammy The Mustache

• Good Cards
  • PipPipPip
  • 40125 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 10:00 PM

No one is ever going to accuse me of being a fanclub member for Pete Kozma, but...listen here, very closely...

Offline throws are made in every single game, every day in the majors. And this kind of injury doesn't happen often. You can probably count a fractured carpal bone for each time it has in the last five years. There had to be a lot of things going on at exactly the millisecond they occurred for this to happen. It just did.

Doc, it doesn't matter. Someone has to be to blamed, even if it's no one's fault.

#30 NYCF

NYCF

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 24759 posts
  • Username: nycardinalfan
  • LocationHollis Hills, Queens, NY

Posted 21 June 2011 - 10:55 PM

if Porcello were taken instead of Kozma this would of never happened! <_<
Managing baseball is like playing tic tac toe, you don't have to be a genius to win but you lose by being an Idiot!

"Do I want to be in St. Louis forever? Of course. People from other teams want to play in St. Louis, and they're jealous that we're in St. Louis because the fans are unbelievable. So why would you want to leave a place like St. Louis to go somewhere else and make $3 million or $4 more million a year? It's not about the money. I already got my money. It's about winning, and that's it"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users