#1 mchenrmd

mchenrmd

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 15654 posts
  • Username: mchenrmd

Posted 24 March 2008 - 08:59 AM

Does anyone subscribe to RotoWire? I think I've just always used the free RotoWorld, but am I missing something by not paying the $40?

#2 jinx

jinx

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 21017 posts
  • Username: jinx

Posted 24 March 2008 - 09:20 AM

I bought the Rotowire magazine this year. It's pretty informative.

It's never really dawned on me to pay for fantasy advice when there are so many free outlets available. I can't imagine the content on Rotowire being that much better than Rotoworld. I mean, everyone has access to the same news sources.

#3 mchenrmd

mchenrmd

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 15654 posts

Posted 24 March 2008 - 09:29 AM

Wire seems to tout their speed at posting the news and their analysis afterwards. World's analysis is a little iffy sometimes, but at least it's generally better than Yahoo's.

#4 jinx

jinx

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 21017 posts

Posted 24 March 2008 - 02:47 PM

Fantasy analysis is kind of a silly concept anyway. Will Leitch has a pretty good chapter on this in his new book. It's a nice outlet for quick information, but these writers don't know any more than you or me.

#5 mchenrmd

mchenrmd

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 15654 posts

Posted 27 March 2008 - 08:46 AM

Fantasy analysis is kind of a silly concept anyway. Will Leitch has a pretty good chapter on this in his new book. It's a nice outlet for quick information, but these writers don't know any more than you or me.

But it's more like roster analysis - who's getting the playing time, who's next in line. And they definitely know more of that than I do.

#6 gobraves9

gobraves9

Dynasty Purposes Only

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10969 posts
  • Username: gobraves9
  • LocationCedar Rapids, IA

Posted 27 March 2008 - 11:06 AM

I've been lead astray far too many times by rotoworld to recommend it over anything. I don't have much experience with rotowire and found myself to really not need it, but I'll give that the edge as of now for what rotoworld has lacked.

#7 jinx

jinx

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 21017 posts

Posted 27 March 2008 - 02:30 PM

But it's more like roster analysis - who's getting the playing time, who's next in line. And they definitely know more of that than I do.

I see what you're saying, but I feel like Yahoo! does a good enough job in that regard. They're not very fast, but if a guy is hurt or loses his starting job or whatnot, they'll usually update his player note.

The CBS Sportsline player pages aren't bad either.

#8 gobraves9

gobraves9

Dynasty Purposes Only

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10969 posts
  • Username: gobraves9
  • LocationCedar Rapids, IA

Posted 27 March 2008 - 06:09 PM

Yahoo uses rotoworld as a main contributor with their notes, so I do use them to get early word on anything regarding fantasy. I just don't take their advice.

#9 mchenrmd

mchenrmd

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 15654 posts

Posted 28 March 2008 - 02:36 AM

I see what you're saying, but I feel like Yahoo! does a good enough job in that regard. They're not very fast, but if a guy is hurt or loses his starting job or whatnot, they'll usually update his player note.

The CBS Sportsline player pages aren't bad either.

That's true about Yahoo. And I use them, Rotoworld and other sites. I was just wondering if others thought Wire was better. Maybe if I were in a pay-league, I'd be more inclined to spend the $40.

#10 Spottie

Spottie

Advanced Member

• dynonly
  • PipPipPip
  • 6897 posts
  • Username: flipmodesquadron

Posted 28 March 2008 - 05:31 AM

I use Rotoworld, because they compile all the news-stories in one place. I don't really trust their insight though. Maybe I'm cocky, but I think I know more than they do.

#11 bravesfaninia

bravesfaninia

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3343 posts
  • Username: bravesfaninia
  • LocationIowa

Posted 28 March 2008 - 06:45 AM

Neither...I use Peter Gammons and Steve Phillips exclusively.

Regards,
Joel

Mt. 7:21
--------
Tom Servo: Hey, someone turn off the fat rotating guy!!
Mike Nelson: I didn't want to bungle or bobble the Fingal Dopple.
Crow T Robot: Umm...that's poison oak on your naughty bits, ma'am.
--MST 3K #822: Overdrawn at the Memory Bank

#12 Gullover

Gullover

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61179 posts
  • Username: gulliver
  • Locationjimjim is an assface

Posted 28 March 2008 - 06:50 AM

Neither...I use Peter Gammons and Steve Phillips exclusively.

Regards,
Joel

not bad

I think half our fantasy basketball league uses Stephen A Smith.

i was just saying that the players didnt care about winning it for the sec. they wont it for Auburn, all former players that never had the chance. all fans who have waited so long for something so great and for all the faithful that are no longer with us.

Piss off, Gulliver. I'll post wherever I want to post. Quit being such a pathetic bitch. It's like seeing "sheff" on your screen turns you into a ten year old. The ignore button works. Consider that your alternative.

#13 kempstar

kempstar

• Members
  • Pip
  • 742 posts
  • Username: kempstar

Posted 28 March 2008 - 08:16 PM

No ESPN users here? I use ESPN fantasy and Rotoworld the most.
I don't see a need to spend the money on sites like Rotowire and CBSsportsline..

#14 scanman33

scanman33

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6869 posts
  • Username: scanman33

Posted 31 March 2008 - 03:50 AM

Rotowire doesn't give you anything that Rotoworld can't for free.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users